Red Bucket Equine Rescue is always looking for like-minded individuals who want to help make a difference. If you are passionate about what the Red Bucket symbolizes and are in alignment with our mission, operating guidelines and philosophies, then we invite you to help in becoming a voice for the voiceless. Volunteers who participate find it meaningful and rewarding to give a voice to the horses. Volunteer development and enrichment include:
- Required Red Bucket Orientation and training on our story, introduction to our horses and their ranch, and training on Mission, Vision and Values.
- “Red Bucket Way” training for all new volunteers.
- Monthly safety training for all volunteers handling horses, feeding or cleaning stalls.
- Curry Comb Club — available to active volunteers in good standing who are not working directly with the horses but would like to learn to become more “hands on”.
- Cross Tie Clinics — monthly clinics covering relevant topics such as: Detecting, Diagnosing and Treating a Hoof Abscess; Recognizing and Treating Colic; Everything About Mares and Foals; What You Didn’t Know About Donkeys; Compression Bandages, Stack Wraps, Standing Wraps, and Polos; Vital Signs; Treating Soft Tissue Injuries; Horse Behavior, etc. These clinics support our culture of continuous learning, serve as enrichment for our volunteers, and increase the competence and confidence of our team members.
- Fireside Chats — Available to all volunteers. Provides enrichment, team building, sense of community, communication and education.
- Stable Service Day — Organized service day to facilitate and complete ranch projects, ranch maintenance, and special projects. The day ends by celebrating our accomplishments and our horses with a community barbecue.
CLICK HERE FOR VOLUNTEER APPLICATION