**Due to COVID-19, “The Ranch the Horses Own” is closed to the public. We are currently accepting volunteer applications; however, we have temporarily suspended volunteer orientations due to our inability to gather. Applicants will be placed on a temporary waitlist as we continue to monitor the situation with the COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our team, Treasured Residents, and community are our utmost priority. Thank you for your interest in our lifesaving work!**
Volunteer OrientationWe hold New Volunteer Orientations every month for individuals interested in volunteering at Red Bucket. All volunteers MUST first complete the application process to go through our New Volunteer Orientation, in addition to receiving supplementary Red Bucket training associated with their responsibilities. If you are interested in volunteering with Red Bucket, please complete the Volunteer Application. CLICK HERE FOR VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
How Do I Sign Up for the New Volunteer Orientation?
- You MUST complete the Volunteer Application first.
- Upon completion go to Smartsheet.com and select the orientation date that you want to attend. These dates are on our calendar too.
- Follow these Smartsheet Instructions:
- Log into Smartsheet.com
- Login – green button at the upper right-hand section of the page
- Login/email: email@example.com
- Password: redbucket
- At the top, select the tab that indicates the orientation that you wish to attend.
- On that orientation page, enter your name, number and requested information.
- Click Save. At the top left, under the green Home button, is a small Save function box.
- Close the program using the “X” in the top right corner of the page.
If the form is full and you are interested in being placed on a waiting list or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Does the Orientation Include? The Orientation includes an overview of Red Bucket Equine Rescue, a tour of our facility and a chance to meet some of our amazing horses and volunteers. We will answer any questions you may have about Red Bucket. After the orientation, if you want to be involved we will share with you the current opportunities.
Time: 9:00am – 11:00am. Please be prompt. The orientation does begin on time.
What to Wear:
- Safe, comfortable, closed-toe shoes (You may be walking or standing for 2 hours through mud, dirt, etc.)
- Red shirt, if possible, to show your spirit and commitment to our cause (We have Red Bucket apparel available for purchase if you are interested.)
Location: The Orientation will be held at the ranch.
Red Bucket Equine Rescue
2885 English Road
Chino Hills, CA 91709
Parking: Please park on the ranch side of English Road.
How Do I Find the Orientation? Walk through the Red Bucket Ranch entrance. The Visitor’s Center is in the first barn, directly ahead of the entrance.
What if I Can’t Find the Orientation? Look for a person in a red shirt and ask, “Where is the Red Bucket orientation?” or, “Where is the Red Bucket Visitor’s Center located?”
Do I Need to Bring Anything With Me? First and most important, bring a copy of your Release of Liability Form and Volunteer Agreement. Remember, you MUST complete the application form before attending an orientation!
In addition, there is always something at the Ranch that we need. Please check out our Wish List to see if there is anything you can help us out with. Or join our “Drop in the Bucket” Campaign. Just a drop in the bucket for you… could make all the difference to us! Join us in the fight to save slaughter-bound, abused, abandoned and neglected horses! Our goal is to round up 5,000 supporters who will donate a mere $5.00 per month so we can continue to do our meaningful work!